Job Posting: Regal Home Care, LLC - Personal Care Attendant
Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.—Regal Home Care, LLC, is a Sault Tribe member owned business operating in downtown Sault Ste. Marie since 2020. Regal Home Care is proud to reach a community with regal care; Helping foster care with the utmost standards. Whether it’s grocery shopping, preparing meals, light housekeeping, help with bathing, personal care or sharing stories, we are devoted to improving your quality of life. We Strive for compatibility between caregivers and clients to build relationships of comfort and trust.
Personal Care Attendants provide service to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other inflictions. Personal Care may include assistance with the activities of daily living, housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship and respite. Personal Care Attendants are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies and industry standards.
- Assist with the activities of daily living and personal care.
- Ensure client’s safety and security by supervising the home environment.
- Teach/perform meal planning and preparation, routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance and encouragement of activities that stimulate the mind.
- Provides respite care for families in accordance with care plans.
- Perform/assist with essential shopping/errands, which may include handling the client’s money in accordance with the care plan and under the observation of the Supervisor.
- Escort clients to medical facilities, errands, shopping and outings as specified in the care plan.
- Assist clients with communication by writing or typing correspondence for them or researching information for them.
- Monitor supplies and resources.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
Knowledge of personal care and home management skills. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal care services, including needs determinants, meeting quality standards and evaluation of client satisfaction. Knowledge of the English language. Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat injuries including emergency first aid and CPR. Knowledge of clerical procedures such as maintaining records and completing forms. Michigan Certification in Personal Care. Current driver’s license. Proper Vehicle Insurance Coverage. On the job training available.