Application NOW OPEN for the State of Michigan's Growing MI Business Grant Program
Base Qualifications for the Growing MI Business grant program
Michigan businesses that were in operation on October 1, 2019, are eligible to apply for an ABR grant if:
- Your business satisfies all of the following:
- Has a physical presence and conducts business operations in Michigan,
- Falls within one of the nine eligible business categories,
- Is not tax exempt under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, 26 USC 1 to 9834,
- Is not a government entity, and
- Is currently open for business.
- Your business has a decline in total Michigan sales between calendar year 2019 and 2020 equal to or greater than 5 percent. If not, you are ineligible at this time. Businesses that were in operation on October 1, 2019, must certify that they have sustained a loss of at least 5% in total sales between calendar year 2019 and calendar year 2020.
The Nine Eligible Business Categories
1. Entertainment Venues: These businesses infer the use of a facility for the purposes of spending time engaged as a spectator to a ticked event.
2. Recreational Facilities and Public Places of Amusement: These businesses infer the use of a facility for purposes of spending time engaged in some identifiable leisure activity, not as a spectator to a ticketed event.
3. Barbers and Cosmetologists: Cosmetologists operating as a business, barbers operating as a business, cosmetology shops and barber shops business all fall within this eligible business category. Applicants who fall under “Cosmetologist or Barber” will be required to verify their license status.
4. Exercise Facilities: These businesses have a facility in which individuals participate in individual or group physical activity.
5. Food Establishments: These businesses all have a facility in which food or drink is prepared for direct consumption through service on the premises or elsewhere, and any other eating or drinking establishment or operation where food is served or provided for the public.
6. Nursery Dealers and Growers: Nursery Dealers and nursery growers (both businesses) fall within this eligible business category.
7. Athletic Trainers: Athletic trainers operating as a business fall within this eligible business category.
8. Body Art Facilities: Body art facilities fall within this eligible business category. Applicants who fall under “Body Art Facility” will be required to verify their license status.
9. Hotels and Bed & Breakfast Establishments: Hotels and bed & breakfasts fall within this eligible business category.
***For more info on the State of Michigan’s Afflicted Business Relief grant program download the factsheet below of click the button to apply.**